1. Share knowledge with community (and just as importantly, they with us) regarding affordable housing funding and issues. We need to elevate their issues and concerns. We will create a folder in our AHD Committee folder and begin putting in information for the purpose of a toolkit and/or workshop. Some topics will include: funding mechanisms, the purview of different boards and commissions and their members, housing plans and documents - summaries or explanations, different areas and the needs, etc. Our audience is NA and/or neighborhood leaders, residents who are needing the services, and housing advocates. This objective will intersect with Neighbor Helping Neighbor Committee, Public Participation Principles Committee. Christina
2. Support for the different task forces, boards and commissions who are working on affordable housing, particularly their community representatives. Make a list of pertinent boards, commissions, committees, and task forces. Attend and speak. Download presentations and issues on BC and put personal observations and remarks at the bottom. Make a list of community members of those entities and reach out to them so they will share information and we can create support. We need to ask community representatives what their plan is to share knowledge and to get resident input. We need to ask the City to provide education to community representatives.
3. Educate the community and getting their input and/or support for the Strategic Housing Implementation Plan before it is finalized. Cynthia
4. Work on a collaboration or a clearinghouse with other affordable housing advocates so we are not working in a silo. This may take an outside BC or other type of knowledge-sharing mechanism. Lety
5. Work with Councilmembers on their affordable housing priorities. So far, CW Castillo, CM Courage, CM Bravo, and CW Cabello Havrda have indicated willingness.
7. Work on Bond, ARPA and recommendations for next year's CoSA budget - Councilmembers can help by sharing information. We will need to continue to work on a plan for this issue.