TIER ONE NEIGHBORHOOD COALITION AND THE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT MET ON AUGUST 6TH TO TALK ABOUT SHORT TERM RENTAL ENFORCEMENT, NEIGHBORHOOD UDC AMENDMENTS, and OTHER IMPORTANT NEIGHBORHOOD ISSUES.
We want to thank DSD staff: Michael Shannon, Melisa Ramirez, Kristie Flores, Alma Martinez-Jimenez, Amin Thomas, Chrystal Gonzales, and Kathy Quinones for providing a delicious breakfast and providing a space to work with residents. T1's Bianca Maldonado did a great job moderating.
We had a great turn out! This is the second meeting in what we hope will be a regular event.
Please see responses below to the action items we had from this month’s meeting from Kathy.Quinones@sanantonio.gov
1) Graphic of overhang to property line – see attachment #1
2) Send out the Code hotline number – at the meeting, we handed out the postcards with the contact info for Code; the number is: (210) 207-CODE (2633)
3) Info on the “corridors” from Ch. 17 of the SA Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan - Melissa Ramirez coordinated with Planning Department on their corridors Chapter 35 Amendment, regarding this request. No further action is needed from DSD. The Planning Dept scheduled and met with T1NC to discuss their concerns. DSD attended the meeting to help answer any questions regarding process. Meeting was held on August 16.
4) Short Term Rentals map - request to add more info to it: permit number, date permit issued, and the 24-hour contact – DSD will schedule a meeting with ITSD, Kristie Flores, Joshua Orton, and Melissa Ramirez to discuss the request. Also, per Kristie, the permit number is already on the online map as is the creation date of the permit/STR. It will be difficult to post personal contact information to the online map, and since the information changes quite frequently, it is likely the information would become out of date. We will explore other alternatives for STR contacts – perhaps a voluntary directory for STR operators.
5) 311 data: want to see disposition of case (citation issued, etc.) – the Code Enforcement Administrator, Danny Liguez, will be meeting with Paula to discuss item further. We’ll keep you posted.
6) 311 app does not work for Android phones – Paula is aware, and she spoke with the customer making the complaint.
7) When are the SA SpeakUp budget process community meetings – Kathy sent the budget meeting notice last week to Bianca for meetings taking place this month.
8) Code complaints are closed with the fix not corrected, and no reason for the closures – per Amin, we need specific addresses or case numbers to investigate.
9) Distribute STR fact sheet to T1NC once final – the final draft is pending approval by Melissa and will be distributed once final/approved. It will also be added to the STR webpage.